Data Management Technologist
Posted Sep 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 70902
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Enterprising – and not defined by conventional roles. Our goal is to innovate, and therefore we welcome diverse skills, experiences, and thinking. You can be a designer, scientist, engineer- or you can wear many hats. In Global Data’s Technical Operations, our focus is on data engineering and how data is acquired, processed and validated. After you get trained up on our systems and products, you’ll be able to put your STEM background to good use and hit the ground running. We are looking for people who are motivated by innovation, thinking big and moving fast to contribute to our dynamic environment. Last but certainly not least, you’ll be trusted to bring curiosity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit to the table. Together, we will change the way we develop products at Bloomberg.
You’ll be joining a team responsible for using and developing cutting-edge technologies to enhance our acquisition, data processing workflows and automation methods. Working in a team environment, you will develop technical solutions that improve internal processes and produce unique client-facing content. This will mean anything from building web-scrapers, to creating ETL pipelines and data management workflows, or detecting anomalies to ensure the quality of the millions of data-points we process. You’ll work closely with data analysts and software engineers to deliver accurate, real-time information to help our clients make critical financial decisions.
Now, here’s what else we’ll expect you to do:
- Design, develop, and implement internal tools for data processing that power Bloomberg’s product offerings.
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition and processing of data that would otherwise require manual effort.
- Apply problem-solving skills to create flexible and innovative technology solutions that can be re-used across products.
- Gather requirements, develop project plans, monitor progress, and communicate with stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with data analysts and software engineers to develop creative solutions to the technical challenges facing our businesses.
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot issues for the production systems we support
Successful applicants will likely possess:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field, or up to 2 years of professional work experience in information technology, engineering, or data analysis.
- Previous internship or relevant work experiences in scripting, software development, or data analytics.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database design and proficient in SQL .
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows.
- Project management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management.
You will need to be able to:
- Start working full-time in/after January 2019.
- Provide proof of graduation (Bachelors or advanced degree) prior to your start date.
- Legally work in the US without visa sponsorship.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.