Data Quality Analyst
Posted Mar 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 114929
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Data Management Lab (DML) sits within the Data organization and supports Data’s pursuit of data management excellence. This is accomplished through aligning industry standards with Bloomberg's established expertise in financial market data. DML empowers our data professionals to make their products “ready-to-use”, through promoting increased data discoverability, accessibility, appraisability, interoperability, and analysis-readiness.
What’s the role?
The Data Quality team sits alongside our Business Intelligence and Process Engineering teams; they support DML’s mission by empowering data teams to appraise their datasets from our client’s perspective. As a member of the team, you will lead the charge to ensure Data provides our clients with high quality data that moves markets.
We partner closely with all Data product teams and our Engineering counterparts, to champion solutions that meet the needs of our client-facing products. Primary themes in this area include leading the continual refinement of processes and application of data management principles, as well as development of the tooling and solutions to measure our data products as fit-for-purpose.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead global projects for Data Quality and Data Analysis for the Bloomberg Data products
- Develop the strategy for how to achieve best-in-class Data Quality, and champion organizational change around Data Quality
- Act as an agent of change to help drive data processes and driving the concept of data as an asset, including refining and implementing strategies to increase awareness and adoption of key Data Quality principles
- Perform data profiling and apply statistical methodology to promote and measure data quality and identify data patterns and trends
- Draw connections between output data quality measurements and input process measurements to surface root causes and relationships of data
- Provide insights and recommendations to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, and solution assessment
- Establish the capabilities for the department to more effectively and commonly perform statistical data analysis
- Collaborate with our partners to gather reporting and dashboarding requirements to design, produce, analyze, and deliver metrics through visualization capabilities
- Deliver both product (external, client-facing) and operational (internal, data management) analytical insights and visualizations
- Partner with Engineering counterparts, providing clear business requirements, articulating business value, and collaborating on technical solutions
- Keep up with the industry trends, standards, and innovation in the Data Quality domain
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in designing and developing metrics and reporting across large organization
- Detailed understanding of data quality as a sub-domain of data management (DAMA CDMP, DCAM certification a plus)
- Strong practical analytical skills in working proficiently with data profiling and analysis (Python a plus), as well as experience using analytical and dashboarding applications like Qlik Sense or Tableau
- Ability to lead multiple projects with global scope in parallel, with solid project management, communication, and leadership skills
We’d love to see:
- Academic and/or professional experience within a Business, Finance or Technology field, with specific exposure to Mathematics & Statistics, Business Analysis, or Data Management
- A creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, coupled with an experimental posture, to challenge past assumptions and provide new ways of thinking
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, and how Bloomberg products deliver value to our clients
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.