Data Quality Trainer - Consultant
Posted Dec 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 121911
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
At Bloomberg, our team is responsible for providing learning opportunities to develop the skills of our nearly 2,000 Data employees. We collaborate with all teams across Data to ensure that we deliver the highest quality educational development. We also roll up our sleeves to create our own platforms for the training and documentation.
We strive to make our curriculum exciting for both trainers and trainees; we use innovative interactive technology, and have a highly collaborative team, to ensure success for everyone. We aim to encourage participation and provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and the professionals within Data.
We'll trust you to:
- Teach a variety of classes for experienced data professionals
- Collaboratively define course structure, content, and delivery method to produce high quality training
- Produce technical user documentation and case studies to support self-directed and e-learning
- Work with domain experts to collaboratively craft content and deliver courses
- Develop a deep knowledge of Bloomberg technologies and work across functional teams to stay ahead of with rapidly advancing enhancements
- Capture requirements from technical partners and continuously adapt to business priorities
- Be a problem solver and think creatively
- Open to working in either our New York City or Princeton, NJ office locations!
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computational Finance, or other STEM related field
- Experience in data quality management consulting
- General familiarity with other data management domains, such as data governance and data modeling, and how they interact with data quality
- Proven experience in data profiling and using tools, such as Python, to perform data analysis on time series datasets
- Experience in applying statistical, optimization, or econometric techniques to real-world datasets, to identify anomalies, perform sampling methods, find and communicate errors
- Experience in crafting metrics and organization data product reports
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to explain concepts in a concise, logical manner
- A passion for learning, teaching, and mastering sophisticated system functionality
- Ability to comfortably and confidently present to groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly through instruction and self-training
- Relevant data training work experience
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a changing environment
We'd Love to see:
- Certification in DAMA CDMP or EDM DCAM similar
- Ability to lead discussions and actively influence the development of new strategies to improve course offerings
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 700 - 800 USD Daily