Data Specialist - Bloomberg Ownership
Posted Nov 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 97159
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, providing it to our clients and help draw meaningful insights out of it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise products- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a member of the Ownership team, you will contribute to delivering a dataset that is a recognized market leader in an intensely competitive market. Do you have a passion for market analysis and working directly with the latest data technology available? You will have the opportunity to get hands on with the Ownership dataset to analyze historical market trends and serve as the subject matter expert for external clients and internal stakeholders. Ultimately, this Ownership data is heavily relied on by market players to understand market sentiment and drive investment decisions.
What's the role?
The Ownership team is looking for a motivated self-starter to help drive innovation within the Bloomberg Ownership product. You will use the ownership data collected by our team to help identify areas of opportunity and lead projects to enhance the product and related offerings while also improving the day to day processes. You will push the product to new boundaries and use your analytical capabilities to make decisions that will allow the team to move past challenges. You will work closely with your counterparts to brainstorm solutions using the latest technology and implementing those solutions.
You will have interactions with our internal stakeholders while working with the following type of clients and data insights:
- Disclosures made by issuer companies and investors about their holdings are key to understanding the market
- Traders looking for counterparties
- Sales People looking for prospects
- Investor Relations Officers seeking intelligence on their shareholders and the ownership profiles of their peers
- Compliance Officers assessing their exposures
- Quants analysts studying investment trends
- Buyside Managers looking for funds to invest in or benchmark
We'll trust you to:
- Use your exceptional collaborative skills to help develop key solutions to process management problems.
- Use your creativity to think outside the box in implementing these enhancements that can continue to elevate the Ownership product.
- Identify opportunities to improve our day to day processes, provide research on the best solutions and work to implement these changes
- Work to improve and expand our data coverage, positioning the product in a way that maintains its competitiveness.
- Apply your outstanding customer service skills in working with both data providers and end users of the data, as we strive for superior sourcing and supreme client satisfaction.
- Have regular interactions with clients via Data Help Tickets and client trainings to find opportunities to deepen our team’s conversations with these clients
- Develop working relationships with our managers on the Core Business side for various products which are ancillary to Ownership and find synergies to better serve our clients.
- Use your analytical skills to assess our operations, address the need for Business Intelligence to help us make decisions, and help us understand where we can optimize efforts, internally and via external resources such as Vendors, Crowd, and Automation.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and a Business discipline (such as Finance, Economics or Accounting).
- Strong analytical skills
- Openness to change and the ability to work through obstacles using multiple approaches
- Working knowledge of buyside/sellside markets
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- A positive attitude with the desire to constantly learn
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Python, VBA, as well as data visualization in Python, Tableau, Qliksense, etc
- Experience in development of data workflow systems
- Solid foundational knowledge of data technology
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.