Data Specialist - Mortgages
Posted Jun 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 91188
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal-the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes-and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients
The Structured Products market makes up over $10 trillion of international public and private bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, credit card debt, and many other esoteric sectors (franchise rights, container leases, etc) into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite. All of these products live on the Mortgage Yellow key on the Bloomberg terminal and the Mortgage team in Global Data is responsible for the data management of this large variety of asset classes.
What’s the role?
The Global Data Mortgage Team is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for client engagement and working on large datasets. The Mortgage Data Specialist will be responsible for engaging with client inquires and escalations, working with lead managers on adding new issuance data, reviewing monthly data quality tests for updates, and working on special data projects to enhance/expand our product offerings. The specialist with interact regularly with their teammates, clients, internal Help Desk, other data teams globally, and engineering.
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work with other data teams and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to assist clients in resolution of their inquiries
- Correspond with Lead Managers, Trustees and relevant parties to add and update New Issuance RMBS, CMBS, ABS, and CLOs
- Process large Mortgage datasets efficiently
- Resolve data quality tests for monthly remittance report ingestion
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence within the Structured Products space
We need you to have:
- A BA/BS, preferably in Finance or Economics
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Fixed Income domain experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in fast paced data intensive environment
- Work both independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, and customer service skills
- Strong client facing skills
- Commitment to enhancing and developing data products
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
What we’d love to see:
- Knowledge or experience in Structured Products, such as RMBS, ABS, CMBS, and/or CLOs
- Experience with Python, Unix, and Github a plus
- Experience training and mentoring others
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.