Data Specialist - Sanctions
Posted May 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 103473
The Entities team responsible for providing entity level data for 6 million public and private companies. Our data sets include providing sanction data for 10 global jurisdictions, corporate structure, classification, identifier, business card and descriptive data. Entity data is utilized both on and off the Bloomberg terminal so we frequently work with sales and conduct calls to provide clients background on how we acquire, validate, maintain and provide quality assurance for our data sets.
What you’ll do:
The analyst will be responsible for adding and maintaining records in the entity database and proactively monitoring the evolving regulatory environment for explicitly and implicitly sanctioned entities. This includes the sanctions for multiple jurisdictions, LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) and corporate structure. The specialist will interact with external clients, sales, legal, compliance and other data teams globally.
We’ll trust you to:
- Monitor & process jurisdictional sanction postings
- Perform sanction risk assessments
- Create, implement and test internal sanction controls
- Train internal stakeholders
- Researching corporate hierarchy and corporate actions documentation
- Responding to client queries regarding the data and product functionality
- Processing escalation requests to resolve data discrepancies
- Assisting sales and product managers on client calls
- Examining processes and providing improvement recommendations
What you’ll need:
Specialist will work with clients, utilizing new technology to improve our data quality and reduce our time to market. They will be highly motivated and excel at collaborating with colleagues in a team environment.
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of US (OFAC), HMT or EU sanctions entity sanctions experience (Jurisdictional Certification(s) is a plus)
- BA/BS in Business, legal fields or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Experience with Python and Microsoft Excel/VBA/macros is desirable
- Secondary language a plus
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.