Data Specialist - Sanctions
Posted Dec 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 98207
What we do:
The Entities team responsible for providing entity level data for 6 million public and private companies. Our data sets include providing sanction data for 10 global jurisdictions, corporate structure, classification, identifier, business card and descriptive data. Entity data is utilized both on and off the Bloomberg terminal so we frequently work with sales and conduct calls to provide clients background on how we acquire, validate, maintain and provide quality assurance for our data sets.
What you’ll do:
The analyst will be responsible for adding and maintaining records in the entity database and proactively monitoring the evolving regulatory environment for explicitly and implicitly sanctioned entities. This includes the sanctions for multiple jurisdictions, LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) and corporate structure. The specialist will interact with external clients, sales, legal, compliance and other data teams globally.
We’ll trust you to:
- Monitor & process jurisdictional sanction postings
- Perform sanction risk assessments
- Create, implement and test internal sanction controls
- Train internal stakeholders
- Researching corporate hierarchy and corporate actions documentation
- Responding to client queries regarding the data and product functionality
- Processing escalation requests to resolve data discrepancies
- Assisting sales and product managers on client calls
- Examining processes and providing improvement recommendations
What you’ll need:
Specialist will work with clients, utilizing new technology to improve our data quality and reduce our time to market. They will be highly motivated and excel at collaborating with colleagues in a team environment.
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of US (OFAC), HMT or EU sanctions entity sanctions experience (Jurisdictional Certification(s) is a plus)
- BA/BS in Business, legal fields or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Experience with Python and Microsoft Excel/VBA/macros is desirable
- Secondary language a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.