Data Specialist - Spanish Speaker, Portfolios
Posted Aug 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 106134
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to clients.
The Portfolios team in Data is responsible for the data management of Mutual Funds and ETF portfolio holdings, as well as public portfolios such as government investment pools, Collateralized Loan Obligation and etc. As a result, the group maintains relationships with market participants to directly source unique, value-added content while leveraging technology to acquire and process publicly available information. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels our Portfolios and Holdings functions, supports News, and enables our clients to follow the money flows.
What’s the role?
Our team is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for client engagement, research and technology. The team is responsible for procuring, handling and analyzing data for our holdings product, which provides information to the market with point-in-time updates.
We’ll trust you to:
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain
- Lead projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of data products
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Build industry relationships within the Spanish-speaking markets to source content that is not publically available
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Lead daily vendor operations by handling escalations, conducting training, and leading other ad hoc projects
- Extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for maintaining data
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Proven domain expertise in one or more data products
- Intimate understanding of how industry players utilize data to drive business decisions
- An existing network with industry participants
- Proven ability to innovate data processes and products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
What we’d love to see:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- A master's degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or Information Systems)
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.