Data Team Lead - Credit New Issues
Posted Oct 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 120713
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Data we're responsible for acquiring and providing it to our clients. We collect, model, analyze, and publish data which is the backbone of the Bloomberg Terminal. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- all while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
Our Bloomberg Securities Credit teams are responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds and loans being brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. In addition responsibilities include developing data validations, reviewing processes for efficiencies, and identifying opportunities to expand data sets. Our New Issues team also works closely with internal consumers of our data including the News, Evaluated Pricing, and Index teams.
What’s the role?
The Bloomberg North America Credit group is looking for a highly motivated and driven New Issues Team Leader to cover the data management, quality control and data processes that drive our New Issues product. The Team Leader will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of data analysts. You will set the team’s strategy and the product’s development roadmap by demonstrating good project management skills. In doing so, you’ll build a close partnership with Engineering, Core Product, Enterprise and other various stakeholders.
We’ll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of New Issues analysts who will be experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, and project management
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow and operational efficiencies
- Lead large-scale programs (technical and operational) with enterprise-wide influence through effective program governance, cross-team organization, dependency, risk and issue management, and leadership engagement
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with proven leadership experience
- Vision to align your team's goals of superior service with internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Understanding of fixed income funding markets with knowledge of money markets, bonds and loans
- Experience driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- At least a bachelor's degree in; Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, STEM or related degree/equivalent experience
We’d love to see:
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of financial data
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus