Data Team Lead - Credit New Issues
Posted Jan 31, 2024 - Requisition No. 122944
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We optimize the value of our data by combining our domain and technical expertise to make our data fit-for-purpose, timely and accurate. We apply our problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to better manage our data.
Our Bloomberg Securities Credit teams are responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds and loans being brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. In addition, responsibilities include developing new data pipelines, implementing data validations, reviewing processes for efficiencies, and finding opportunities to expand data sets. Our New Issues team also works closely with internal consumers of our data including the News, Evaluated Pricing, and Index teams.
What’s the role?
The Bloomberg North America Credit group is looking for a highly motivated and driven New Issues Team Leader to cover the data management, quality control and data processes that drive our New Issues product.
Data Team Leaders are the frontline managers and play a critical role in developing and leading individuals with diverse experience and expertise spanning across several functions and subject matter areas. You will be expected to guide your teams to think strategically, apply data management best practices to their data sets, and to deliver quality data that is ready to use and fit for purpose. You are also expected to drive and instill a high performance culture, and proactively champion inclusive behavior by building a safe environment where differences are recognized, respected and able to thrive.
As a Team Leader, you will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of data professionals. You will set the team’s strategy and the product’s development roadmap by demonstrating good project management skills. In doing so, you’ll build a close partnership with Engineering, Core Product, Enterprise and other various partners.
- Attract, coach, develop and retain a team of who are experts in their field, proven through (1) processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, (2) data analysis, (3) data management, and (4) project management
- Lead the team to partner with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve fit-for-purpose data that powers our products, including functionality across the the product set
- Mobilize the team to design and implement proactive data quality management supported by client-focused metrics and process observability (i.e. business intelligence)
- Develop data modeling and ETL skills within the team and collaborate with Engineering teams to develop a robust data product that can deliver value across multiple client-facing products (e.g. Terminal, Enterprise files, etc)
- Build processes and standards that enable delivery of data that meets or exceeds client SLAs and supports superior customer service
- Develop the team's subject matter and data expertise, aligning to the current industry best practice and trends to be able to proactively spot gaps and opportunities for future innovations
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the workflow and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality across regions and products
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant leadership experience or strong relevant experience as an individual contributor, and relevant domain knowledge
- Understanding of fixed income funding markets with knowledge of money markets, bonds and loans
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics, a quantitative social science, Finance, STEM or related business field
- Experience working with large datasets, the ability to quantify trends impacting the industry and other market phenomena, and the ability to demonstrate qualitative and quantitative evidence to drive commercial decisions
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Strategic vision to align team goals around providing outstanding service to the business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team as well as communicate business and operational strategy to your team
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving and a strong solution-seeking posture, aided by strong data analysis skills
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated experience interpreting fixed income documentation, understanding of finance and themes in the market
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of financial data
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus