Data Team Lead - Economics
Posted Sep 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 118709
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
In the Economics Data Team, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial and economic data needs. We provide our clients with sought-after economic concepts that are normalized across countries, key forecasts, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and insight provided by the Economics team. Our teams work on products that help influence financial decisions that move markets every day.
The Economics team in Data is responsible for the data management of both traditional and alternative Economic time series, forecasts, and surveys. The team provides relevant, timely, and accurate data to empower customers to drive their analysis of global economies. The team is focused on making our Economic content more discoverable and timely, generating data-driven insights, and providing outstanding customer service.
What’s the role?
The Economics Data team is looking for a Team Leader to handle and develop a hard-working team of Economic analysts, being responsible for the data onboarding and analysis for the America markets. As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for aligning with our clients and key partners to understand their evolving needs and setting proactive strategies for our Economic coverage; around critical areas such as core economic concepts, high frequency indicators and emerging markets.
From a technical perspective, your team will be required to research new data sets to expand the coverage of our product, focused on data modeling and ETL software skills. Your team will transform sophisticated data and work processes into financial and economic data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence & Economists, Sales & Analytics, our Data Governance team, and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage a high-level understanding of Economics, in order to locate, gather, and analyze data in a proficient and timely manner, to provide information and analysis for clients including staying current on relevant issues and trends within the market
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of analysts who will be specialists and experts in their product proven through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Economists, Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Build the teams vision and strategy for Data onboarding through development of data modeling and ETL software skills within the team, working alongside Data Engineering teams
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics or Finance, or related business / STEM field
- Experience working with Economic time series or other large datasets, be able to quantify the trends impacting the industry, and provide information that can aid commercial decisions
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience or knowledge in the Bloomberg terminal, and/or Bloomberg Data workflows
- Experience or strong curiosity about data modeling in addition to strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, SQL experience, and Coding experience
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus