Data Team Leader – Foreign Exchange
Posted Mar 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 105632
Bloomberg runs on data. As a global team, FX Data is responsible for supplying customers and downstream products with transparency into the OTC FX market by generating Bloomberg proprietary pricing streams intended to accurately represent intraday currency rates and regulated currency fixings. Our exclusive pricing streams generate more than 500 million intraday price ticks for tens of thousands of objects every single business day. In a global economy, every good and service needs a value, and that value is expressed in currency. As such, there are not many datasets than FX with greater impact across asset classes and products.
As the Team Leader, you will be the hands-on leader that can effectively lead, empower, and develop a hard-working team and drive our FX business forward. You will have a passion for crafting and handling data driven solutions to sophisticated problems in a low latency environment. You will work in a high energy team that is responsible for providing outstanding currency pricing data and for delivering key strategic business opportunities in partnership with Product and Engineering. Our Team Leader will need to demonstrate excellent communication, people development and project management skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate extensively with all FX collaborators across Financial Products, Enterprise and Engineering, and work closely with regional counterparts across Europe and Asia
- Develop and implement project plans to meet business plan and Product Increment goals
- Leverage technology and innovative solutions to business problems
- Build strategy and complete plans to drive the FX product forward
- Hire, mentor, develop and retain your team members to create a strong team
- Work with individual team members to create opportunities for them to advance in their careers within Bloomberg
- Handle client and sales issues
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Consistent track record of creating and applying analytics to solve complex problems
- Solid understanding of the currency markets, ideally with particular knowledge of markets and conventions in Asia.
- Technical competence in at least one programming language/environment, e.g., Python, SQL, etc.; ideally in the context of the Global Data Tech Stack.
- Solid understanding of data management and processing techniques, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Consistent track record of staying calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
Shown ability to use technology to innovative data products and processes
We’d love to see:
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
- Passion for Financial markets
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, or HackerRank
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.