Data Team Leader – Foreign Exchange
Posted Jan 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 111553
Bloomberg runs on data. As a global team, Foreign Exchange (FX) Data is responsible for providing customers and downstream products with transparency into the over-the- counter (OTC) FX market by generating Bloomberg proprietary pricing streams intended to accurately represent intraday currency rates and regulated currency fixings. Our proprietary pricing streams generate close to one billion intraday prices for tens of thousands of objects every single business day. In a global economy, every good and service needs a value, and that value is expressed in currency. As such, there are not many data sets than FX with greater impact across asset classes and products.
As the Team Leader, you will be the hands-on leader that can effectively lead, motivate, and develop a hard-working team of analytical and domain authorities and create, implement, and drive data-driven solutions for our FX business forward. You will need to have a passion for creating and handling data driven solutions to complex problems in a low latency environment. You will work with a network of collaborators which collectively are responsible for providing best-in-class currency pricing data and for delivering key strategic business opportunities. As the team leader, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication, people development, and project management skills, as well as an analytical background to help handle a big data set.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage data technology and quantitative reasoning to create and implement analytical solutions to business problems
- Help formulate strategy and complete plans to create modern, quantitative, data driven pricing systems
- Collaborate extensively with all FX collaborators across our various business units and engineering teams, and work closely with regional counterparts across Europe and Asia
- Develop and implement project plans to meet business plan and Product Increment goals
- Work with individual team members to create opportunities for them to advance in their careers within Bloomberg
- Handle client and sales issues
Hire, coach, develop, and retain your team members to create a hard-working team
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant leadership experience
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in a STEM field
- Excellent communication, team building skills, and collaborator management skills
- Consistent track record in the areas of e.g. process engineering, data management, data modeling, or creating an analytical framework to solve complex business problems
- Competence relevant programming languages within a data management environment
- Solid understanding of data management and processing techniques, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Proven ability to stay calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.