Debt Capital Markets Data Analyst
Posted Aug 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 105007
Bloomberg runs on data, and Data is responsible for acquiring it, contributing value and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal.
The Debt Capital Markets Automation (DCMA) team builds solutions that introduce efficiencies in data workflows, ensure optimum data quality and add new value for our clients.
What’s the role?
The DCMA Team is a dynamic group of individuals who love to tackle challenging problems with technical solutions. Our focus is to use our technical skills to introduce efficiencies in workflow processes, improve data quality, ensure timely execution of published data and add new value for our clients.
As a Data Analyst, you will apply your problem-solving skills to develop and manage the data pipelines, and use your data analysis skills to find opportunities that require us to build automation processes and human-in-the-loop workflows within Debt Capital Markets. The work involved would vary from using our Bloomberg Data Technology Stack to write and productionize data pipelines using python, develop regression, classification and data-point extraction techniques using machine-learning methodologies, generating reports with data visualizations highlighting KPIs, and building prototypes using BQNT with our product teams.
As an experienced data analyst, you will be expected to drive projects, lead conversations, collaborate with Engineering and Product and mentor junior members of the group who are looking to develop technically. We are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals with a passion for data and the technology that surrounds it.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use your engineering skills and data science knowledge to develop and support the data pipelines and processes that we build for our clients and firm-wide partners
- Use your data analysis skills to find opportunities to build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Design, develop, and deploy data quality validations to drive quality improvements
- Use your statistical knowledge and data visualization to report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of collaborators, including Engineering, Product and Sales, to drive and lead product development and execution
- Stay on top of the latest developments in your field and suggest improvements to supported workflows
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in STEM-related field or equivalent professional working experience
- Preferable experience in Data Science/ML, Computational Finance, Statistical modeling
- Python programming experience addressing business problems and working on big data sets
- Proficiency with python, git, UNIX, software engineering principals, SDLC, MDLC
- Proven track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/FinTech services industry
- Problem-solving mentality and attention to detail
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Financial Market experience, including an understanding of how benchmarks are used by our clients
- Experience using Data Tech Stack components
- Experience using data analysis and visualization tools to complement our research and approach
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.