Derivatives Data Analyst
Posted Feb 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113931
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Listed Derivatives data team seeks a Data Analyst to help us drive the dataset forward. The team provides our users with complete and accurate, normalized security listings and reference data for tens of millions of securities across more than 100 Derivatives exchanges globally. Cross-functional collaboration, domain expertise, and automation is paramount for our ability to continuously deliver high quality data to our rapidly growing customer base.
In this role you will design and implement solutions, measure and communicate impact, improve accuracy and timeliness, as well as communicate with clients and stakeholders. You will develop Derivatives specific domain knowledge and apply your impressive array of skills to solve evolving business challenges by devising and implementing intelligent and scalable solutions to improve the coverage and quality of our data offering. You will join a global team of dedicated individuals and experts where your interests and passion will have significant impact on the team’s success.
We trust you to:
- Become a domain expert within the world of Listed Derivatives.
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary company software.
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency of existing workflows and build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing.
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, Engineering and News to help develop and improve the product.
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions.
- Communicate effectively with partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and determining requirements to explaining methodological decisions and project outcomes.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in STEM-related field, Finance or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong curiosity in financial markets.
- 2+ years of Python programming experience and working with databases in SQL or NoSQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for client management.
- Ability to navigate a large organization and build solutions based on at times incomplete information. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation.
- Strong passion for data, technology, and finance with the aspiration to work in the FinTech/data management industry.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Derivatives instruments and their uses.
- Experience with databases, schemas, JSON files.
- Proven track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.