Director Commercial Management
Posted Aug 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 93277
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for a Director Commercial Management to join a growing market research team.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across commodity product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance.
Green Markets has recently expanded its industry coverage. Through a variety of new product offerings, the business will provide detailed insight on pricing trends and market conditions in growing and influential markets across the globe. These products are sold to market participants in the respective industries including manufacturers, distributors, cooperatives, and agricultural producers.
What’s the role?
The Director Commercial Management continually develops, supports and manages access and communications to market participants representing buyers, sellers and intermediaries across a variety of commodity products. Utilizing skills in marketing (search engine, email, direct mail, social, conferences), advertising, sales support, business analysis, CRM, data development and project management, the Director Commercial Management regularly engages with business managers, sales people and market analysts to develop and deploy market engagement strategies that build new relationships, support product development and enhance existing offerings.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network for analysts and salespeople within different industries. The role requires learning about and understanding the nuances of individual markets, identifying key market participants, communicating with these participants across a variety of media, and synthesizing this information to develop effective engagement programs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Consult with business partners and colleagues to develop strategies and tactics to support overall business objectives.
- Utilize market research and market knowledge to identify new targets, new market segments and partner organizations.
- Identify and select lists and targets for specific engagement campaigns; manage lists for ongoing optimization.
- Coordinate development of copy and design for marketing campaigns.
- Analyze data from engagement campaigns to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of future campaigns.
- Monitor all activity from industry publishers, associations and corporate entities offering competitive products, services and information.
- Monitor usage of company web site and content therein to adapt to client interests and usage patterns.
- Proactively develop ways in which can Green Markets can improve the quality of its products and services.
- Lead special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage budgets in terms of cost allocations and total expenditures over the course of the fiscal year.
- 10+ years of professional experience in marketing and/or sales administration.
- Experience with sales, marketing and CRM systems/tools, search engine advertising and lead aggregation/management.
- Superlative communication and relationship development skills.
- Marketing/sales program management.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing (or equivalent).
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.