Dividend Forecasting Analyst/Modeler
Posted May 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 66940
Bloomberg runs on data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And isolate, collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
We are looking for driven individuals with a passion for the financial markets and creating analytical models to join the analyst team working on the Dividend Forecasting product.
We'll trust you to:
- Analyze companies within given industries to forecast for individual company's future dividends up to four years in advance
- Utilize your entrepreneurial spirit to communicate and build relationships with clients, such as equity market analysts, options players, and dividend paying corporations as well as with the Bloomberg Sales, News and R&D teams
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the development of financial/predictable models or structures
- Experience interpreting company financial statements, and performing quantitative financial and cash flow analysis
- Experience analyzing options pricing, historic dividends, and corporate communications
- Strong passion for the financial markets
- Excellent primary research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Team player able to collaborate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal)
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study (MBA, Master's Degree)
- Experience in Python/R/VBA/SQL/Java/C++