Dividend Forecasting Team Leader
Posted Nov 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 108075
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data’s Dividend Forecasting team. Our team of Analysts insights and research move the markets every day, and we are growing.
The Dividend Forecasting team monitors and interprets major company developments to identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors. The team is responsible for providing value beyond as reported data using their financial and market knowledge to forecast key data-points about a company that clients can use to understand the potential direction and magnitude of a company’s dividend payout. The team uses their sector and regional domain expertise to generate insightful content for client consumption.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively manage, empower, and develop a team. You will lead by example in understanding the financial market, dividends data, processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. To do so you will have a small portfolio of coverage of company dividends to forecast. Using your market knowledge and experience, you will guide your team to find opportunities to expand coverage, ensure quality and timeliness of the product, and improve processes. We are looking for a dedicated individual who has the ability to adapt quickly and thoughtfully and delivers outstanding customer service. You will work closely with the global team leads, team specialists, product, engineering, and stakeholders to create business opportunities. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise will have tremendous impact on our high-profile product offering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills through prior experience
- Retain, coach, and hire team members of an impactful team
- Utilize your strong working knowledge of the financial markets and an understanding of finance and accounting principles/procedures and financial statements
- Demonstrate proven expertise with financial modeling
- Collaborate extensively with global peers and stakeholders across Data, Product, Engineering, and Sales
- Drive improvements focused on time to market, data quality, and coverage expansion
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years in financial market research or financial data analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused approach and ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related subject area preferred/CFA designation
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of technologies (SQL, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).