ESG Product Manager Technical Strategy
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103826
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering as reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The importance of human capital, compensation structures, and diversity are critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender Equality Index (GEI).
Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise will have a tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
As Product Manager, you will leverage your market knowledge and experience to deliver a product vision and roadmap for the future of the data offering and achieve buy-in from all stakeholders. You will use this roadmap to continuously deliver incremental value and will need to adjust plans, as needed, to deliver the maximum business value. Across data offerings related to ESG you will stay ahead of industry trends and innovations that will significantly advance Bloomberg's business with new markets and long-term growth opportunities. You will partner with internal stakeholders, product, clients, and engineers to deliver data product offerings that drive transformational benefits for our clients and Bloomberg terminal and enterprise business.
The team structure revolves around solving client problems. Most of which requires tracking the evolution of a data point from data processing, to database and data taxonomy, to API syntax design, to front-end applications as we bring a product to market. Given the range of skills needed a willingness to learn and work as a team player is crucial, as are excellent communication skills.
You would be responsible for understanding our target clients and under-served needs, and then designing, prioritizing and implementing a strategy all the way to taking it to market and measuring efficacy. Examples of areas you could be working on include:
- Ensuring that company reported data is available to clients as soon as the company reports.
Working with engineers to use machine learning to increase automated recall, building robust tools for manual remediation and considering downstream distribution channels (alerting mechanisms, real-time delivery etc).
- Providing clients with robust and timely ESG data from CSR reports.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for the ESG data products acting as a thought and product leader in identifying industry and data opportunities
- Lead expansion, development, and migration of our technology stack with a focus on document acquisition, data capture and extraction.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Come up with metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends in the ESG space
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan and status with stakeholders Define and be accountable for metrics of success
- Continuously deliver incremental value while adjusting plans, as needed, through an Agile approach to deliver the maximum business value
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable skills in designing systems for data processing, data modeling or APIs
- Technical proficiency in being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Have deep domain expertise and understanding of how ESG data is used by different financial market players to drive business decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Extensive Product Manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
- A degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS)
- ESG-related coursework or certification and working knowledge of the ESG market and data landscape
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.