Enterprise Data - Quality Engineer
Posted Sep 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 78289
What's the role?
DL Platform UAT team, is responsible for creating and executing QA test plans for all our Platform related changes. We are looking for someone with programming/coding skills to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts. This individual should be energetic, creative, and flexible with excellent communication skills, strong project management and the ability to handle multiple projects.
We expect you to:
- Design and Build out the Python-based test framework
- Test the distributed DL Platform using the Python-based test framework
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Build and execute tests consistent with those strategies
- Participate in our sprint meetings and help establish a Test Driven Development approach for the development teams
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests to ensure the Platform performs and scales appropriately
- Plan and conduct integration, system, regression, performance, functional and non-functional tests of DL platform
We will trust you to:
- Be able to prioritize and ensure projects complete on time
- Be proactive, rather than passive and reactive
- Identify risks to deliverables and escalates appropriately to key stakeholders
- Get involved with projects outside your normal responsibilities, such as Programming, coding, automation and training to ensure that you are as technically strong as you can be
- Be aware of the quality of the work that you are producing, ensuring bugs and defects caught at time of testing and no problems with code/projects/functions tested after release
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience with developing automation of QA functionality
- Experience in C++, .Net, Java is plus
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects to completion
-Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Financial Data
- Knowledge of web development
- Experience with GitHub, BCC, Selenium, ROBOT
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.