Enterprise Data Quality Assurance Developer
Posted Oct 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 71513
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn+ global business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply cannot operate.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
The Enterprise Data Quality Assurance team, is responsible for creating and executing QA test plans for our Enterprise Real Time products. We are looking for someone with programming/coding skills to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts. This individual should be energetic, creative, and flexible with excellent communication skills, strong project management and the ability to handle multiple projects.
We will trust you to:
- Be able to prioritize and ensure projects complete on time (no need to push comp date for QA reasons)
- Be proactive, rather than passive and reactive
- Identify risks to deliverables and escalates appropriately to key stakeholders
- Get involved with projects outside your normal responsibilities, such as Programming, coding, automation and training to ensure that you are as technically strong as you can be
- Be aware of the quality of the work that you are producing, ensuring bugs and defects caught at time of testing and no problems with code/projects/functions tested after release
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
- Implement principles of PPM
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience with developing automation of QA functionality
- Experience in C++, DotNet, Java
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
-Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Financial Data
- Knowledge of web development
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.