Enterprise Data, Financial Data Architect - Content Specialist
Posted Feb 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 73622
Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) is experiencing a prolonged period of unprecedented growth. Our Data and Technology solutions focus upon the acquisition, organisation and distribution of content around financial firms. With the help of our ground breaking product innovation at Bloomberg we work in partnership with our clients, taking out the heavy lifting, enabling them to do more with less.
What's the role?
In this role you will be working with the Bloomberg Enterprise Data Product Management Team. We are constantly improving our products, to make them more feature rich and application ready, whilst reducing the total cost of ownership. Product Managers have a high level of business, communication, and technology skills, so that they can create working prototypes, specify Engineering tasks, and work effectively with Sales and Clients.
You will design, specify, and create prototypes of large and varied data models and data sets, both financial and non-financial, using a wide range of tools, methods and platforms.
We expect you to evaluate areas of interest, understand what is possible and commercially viable, recognise which models and concepts should be applied, and how the data resources should be acquired. An open, creative approach is critical to your success.
You will design data for diverse addressable markets, explore and work with a wide range of data, and apply existing methods or develop new methods. You will also engage in data analysis in a practical way, convince business leaders that your results are worth investing in and educate other analysts and business team members.
Most critically, you will deliver the output of your data design to business users (both non-technical and technical). You will be a key person in shaping the product offering and the customer experience.
We’ll trust you to
- Operate in an influential business role within a fast growing area.
- Design and specify commercially attractive products.
- Grow your business and technology skills.
- Understand addressable markets.
- Evaluate what is possible and viable.
- Take responsibility for the Data Architecture of multiple data sets.
- Work with Engineering, Sales, and Clients.
You need to have:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Familiar with specifying and using large structured data models and data sets to solve complex business demands and meet regulatory requirements.
- Experience with the tools to handle large diverse data sets.
- Knowledge of large structured data models, such as FIX and ISDA FpML.
- Experience in working with Global Teams, across Sales, Technology, and Operations.
- The ability to address multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Market Data and Reference Data.
- Progamming skills in languages such as “R”, Python and Scala.
- Proficiency in Data Science tools and methods.
- Track record of using Agile and Kanban methodologies.
- A working knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives, in all major liquid asset classes.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.