Entities Data Analyst – Simplified Chinese
Posted Sep 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 70983
Bloomberg runs on data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And isolate, collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
The Entities Data team is responsible for providing information on the corporate structure, industry classification, and contact and descriptive data for both public and private companies. With millions of entities to manage and data points such as LEI (Legal Entity Identifier), registry information and sanction data we need efficient processes to analyze and QA the data. We also need to streamline data output and audit information for data transparency and metrics reporting.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop pre-processing methodology to ingest data sets
- Work on research ideas and proof of concepts with data analysts and programmers
- Create scripts to QA data sets at a macro level
- Assemble and organize output files for use in reporting systems
You need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Speaking and reading fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- 2+ years of financial and/or data analysis experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/VBA/macros
- Analytical tools (Python, SQL, Java etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.