Equity Corporate Actions Data Specialist
Posted Apr 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 102893
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analyzing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include supervising industry events and completing a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, teach and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders of the Corporate Actions product (exchanges, bookrunners, managers, legal firms)
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain in company events in the US and Global market
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Enhance the relationships of our Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
- Lead projects to optimize processes and/or improve our data products throughout the full ETL process
You’ll need to have:
- Relevant experience in a role within the financial markets, data analysis, information technology, operations, and/or managing 3rd party data providers. 2+ years of work experience is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with multiple stakeholder groups
- Interest in and aptitude for technology and data
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to collaborate to improve processes and workflows.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.