Equity Index Production & Operations Team Leader
Posted Sep 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 104822
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As an Equity Income Index Production & Operations Team Leader, you will lead a U.S. team who is responsible for the creation and delivery of industry-standards and bespoke equity benchmarks. Main responsibilities of the team include reviewing and implementing corporate actions, evaluating pricing, assessing index level movement, and validating final index production. In addition, this team leader and their team will play a crucial role in further developing Bloomberg’s Equity Index offering by partnering with stakeholders and clients while drawing upon deep subject matter expertise. You will need to demonstrate strong market knowledge and organizational management skills to successfully lead the team while concurrently mentoring production analysts and improving operational systems and processes. Risk management and various aspects of reporting will be critical areas of focus.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle critical issues from internal and external clients
- Lead a team of analysts along with alignment with your global counterparts
- Provide assistance to the team on challenging client requests
- Project manage longer term requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain an impactful team
- Work closely with Stakeholders on establishing process SLAs
- Develop and maintain training material and documentation
- Identify workflow efficiency opportunities
- Work closely with Engineering on the development of tools and workflow improvements
- Build out creative Business Intelligence for internal operations and demonstrate data-driven decision making
- Collaborate with product management teams to improve documentation and reporting for clients
- Define objectives and provide direction, mentoring, and guidance for team member development
You’ll need to have:
- Experience within the Index, equity corporate actions and client management spaces
- Management experience in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Ability to interact and effectively connect with our clients
- Intermediate knowledge of data visualization tools
- Proven ability to lead a group of individuals
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong project management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.