Bloomberg runs on data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And isolate, collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
Global Data’s Fixed Income division is looking for enthusiastic and innovative individuals to be a part of our team. In this role, analysts interact and build relationships with the world's largest corporations, and contribute to the dissemination of superior information that aids financial professionals in their decision making process.
We’ll trust you to:
- Critically analyze processes and find solutions to managing complex market information to ensure the timeliness and quality of data that our clients have grown to expect
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg's clients and internally across the department
- Provide insight into the world of Fixed Income and leverage technical skills needed to query databases as well as build and maintain VBA macros
- Update and process data onto the Bloomberg database in a timely manner
- Forge relationships with market participants to acquire source documents
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and product development and see those ideas through implementation
- Respond to client queries regarding the data, functionality and analytics on the terminal
- Communicate project initiatives and product developments to internal business units
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or BA/BS in Technical Field (e.g. Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience utilizing statistics or software development languages such as Python, R, or SQL
- Excellent written, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective research and analysis skills
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
We’d love to see:
- Specific Industry sector specialization experience
- Masters of Business Administration or CFA
You'll need to be able to:
- Work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future