Fixed Income Data Specialist
Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 110410
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. In our Data department, we are responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective.
The team, in Data, is responsible for the data management of +900K active securities, covering over 30,000 unique issuers across the 50 states, including U.S. territories and commonwealths. As a result, the group manages relationships with market participants to directly source unique, valuable content while using technology to acquire and process publicly available information. Overall, this aggregated, cleansed, and normalized data fuels Municipal functionality and enterprise products, enabling our clients to follow new deals coming to market and perform portfolio analysis.
Bloomberg Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Municipal Product. You will be part of a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the lifecycle of a Municipal security. Analysts within the team are in constant communication with market participants who are bringing new deals to market. You will play a key role in producing financial content, calculations, research notes and analyses for our clients using the Bloomberg Terminal, while also inspiring news content that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Demonstrating a commitment to learning and a passion for the Fixed Income industry is required.
We'll trust you to:
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners of the Fixed Income product (including buy- and sell-side firms)
- Obtain an understanding of the workflows designed to deliver class-leading quality while meeting or exceeding the timeliness demands of the market
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Maintain the existing proprietary database
- Provide subject matter expertise to enhance the relationships of our Terminal users by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
- Integrate your natural interests and strengths with the Fixed Income product to contribute beyond data acquisition and remediation. Explore new strengths and opportunities by upskilling yourself
- Support product development based off client needs and interactions
You'll need you to have:
- 3+ relevant experience in a role within the fixed income financial markets
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills
- An interest in technology and data analysis
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.