Fixed Income Index Production Analyst
Posted Jun 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 104130
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As a Fixed Income Index Production Analyst you will be responsible for the daily delivery of market moving indices. Main responsibilities of the team include reviewing bond constituent changes, evaluating pricing, assessing analytical movement, and validating final index production. In addition, this analyst will play a crucial role in further developing Bloomberg’s Fixed Income Index offering by partnering with stakeholders and clients while drawing upon deep subject matter expertise. You will need to demonstrate strong market knowledge ability to work in a fast paced environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain the integrity of Fixed Income indices in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies ensuring accurate application of index rules, quality control and data remediation
- Monitor daily production processes for the acquisition and quality control of all input data required for the indices
- Provide superior customer service for operational inquiries both internally and externally
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Manage a variety of projects related to new index development, product maintenance and product support
- Create and maintain documentation such as index publications, fact sheets, and operational play-books
- Work closely with key stakeholders from various business units including Engineering, Product, and Sales
- Identify workflow efficiency opportunities
- Work closely with Engineering on the development of tools and workflow enhancements
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years Fixed Income market knowledge and experience working with Fixed Income data
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Ability to interact and effectively connect with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g. SQL, QlikSense, Python, Excel, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.