Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for enhancing and reporting fundamentals related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. Offering reported on and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, and Business Line and Geographic Segmentation data - we move markets!
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of a portfolio of companies.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge; learn about our clients while supporting their needs and build relationships throughout the company.
As your experience grows, so will your expertise within financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. You will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Fundamentals market, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Interact and assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Participate and Manage large and complex data projects related to Equity Fundamental market datasets
- Develop subject matter expertise in fast-moving market sector information
You need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting
- Detail oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We'd love to see:
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation?
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal.