Funds & ETF Data Analyst
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 109098
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg’s Funds Data team is looking for an analyst to join its growing Fund Onboarding team. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors. As part of the Fund Onboarding team, you’ll work alongside a Team Leader to use feedback based on your knowledge of the dataset to enhance our fund onboarding procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, configuring ETL pipelines, communicating with contributors to ensure proper data ingestion from fund inception, and contribute business rules and quality workflows to ensure high data accuracy. This is in addition to maintaining and growing a knowledge of funds data process and client engagement.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality funds data using various internal systems, proprietary company software and your own automation knowledge
- Work with subject matter experts to enrich the funds data using technical tools
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions.
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Leverage knowledge of the funds dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- 1-3 years of experience working as a data analyst or in the asset management and/or finance industry
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Experience with the Funds Market and strong knowledge of the key concepts for this product
- Proficiency with Git, SQL, and Python
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.