Geospatial Data Analyst
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102062
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Geospatial team is responsible for geospatial datasets, maps and analysis globally at Bloomberg. Our datasets can be combined, overlaid and queried to generate new insights for clients. Whether it’s assessing the impact of a cyclone, or tracking shipping patterns across the world, or seeing which companies are affected by the latest geopolitical events, our datasets offer clients unique insights. We seek to grow our role as the leading source of financial geospatial data and analysis. Each member of Global Data has full ownership of their multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and work with purpose. And we’d like you to join us.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of the Geospatial/GIS data and finance to function as a subject-matter-expert, understanding our client’s needs and enhancing our data products
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Onboard and maintain relevant geospatial datasets, ensuring they update reliably and accurately
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new datasets
- Collaborate across a variety of internal and external users to develop solutions to problems quickly and efficiently
- Use industry and financial knowledge to create insights and premium content for our clients
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Geospatial/GIS, Computer Science, Engineering or related business and STEM fields
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated domain expertise working with geospatial data and analysis
- Experience using data manipulation and visualization tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business partners and management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies in Global Data’s technology stack
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with geospatial datasets
- Applied proficiency with Python and SQL
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.