Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
What’s the role?
The Master Data & Governance organization within Global Data provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Bloomberg. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, and master/reference data management. This team is responsible for improving data governance and data quality across various data domains (Entity Management, Security Management, Entity Attributes etc.) to empower our business partners and systems.
This team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to coordinate software development and installation projects for the team’s use. In addition this person will partner with various cross functional business & technical teams to ensure understanding of how to utilize the team’s metadata and taxonomies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the operationalization of Data Governance for the Enterprise
- Work closely with Data Architect(s) and Application Architects to ensure alignment of data governance processes and deliverables with systems architectures.
- Create and deliver artifacts of dataflow lineage for all entities, relationships and metadata flowing into the Master databases
- Perform industry sweeps to find best of breed software packages and platforms that perform Data -Governance Meta Model management
- Coordinate requirements, UA Testing and rollout of toolsets and platforms for the management of master data; develop and maintain detailed documentation of systems and toolsets.
- Oversee the deployment and implementation of open source software and commercial software products to aid in the management of reference data and metadata,
- Coordinate with Engineering department for the oversite of internal custom software development
- Prepare procedural and/or technical manuals and guidelines.
- Work closely with Reference Data and Metadata Management teams to deliver quality software to agreed project schedules.
- Proactively notify Development Project Manager of risks, bottlenecks, problems, issues, and concerns.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with the senior business leaders associated with the platform.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of technology project management or other relevant industry experience
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Semantic Architecture, or Systems Engineering
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We would like to see:
- Understanding of the data management function and sub-activities which are related to meta-data (Reference DAMA)
- PMP certification
- Experience with Data Library Science