Global Human Resources Business Partner - Global Data
Posted Aug 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 92950
In Human Resources at Bloomberg, we drive business results through our people. People are Bloomberg’s most critical assets and ensuring their continued success and development through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success.
As a Global Business Partner for Global Data you be responsible for developing and driving the talent strategy for a division of 1,700 financial data professionals in 14 countries. You will use your extensive HR background and expertise to actively partner with the global business head and leadership team to provide strategic support and advice.
You will lead a global team of business partners, recruiting, leadership & talent development, and D&I professionals to help set and execute a cohesive, commercial talent strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Gain an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the Global Data business, as well as the competitive landscape and market trends, to design and implement a relevant, innovative, and commercial HR strategy
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to nurture a team of diverse HR professionals. Engage and retain top talent within your own team and the broader HR function
- As a member of the HR Leadership Team, collaborate with the Global Head of HR and peers to help set an overall strategy for HR and ensure this is represented in the Global Data strategy and initiatives
- Work closely with HR Enterprise teams and Centers of Excellence (Leadership and Talent Development, D&I, etc.) to ensure enterprise initiatives and plans are represented in Global Data while also making sure needs of the business are met
- Provide overall oversight for the design, development and execution for all aspects of talent management/development, talent acquisition, and D&I
- Build and maintain deep professional relationships with key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately
- Implement initiatives to foster a high-performance culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Use insights from data to inform the business talent strategy and to make the organization more effective, i.e. talent acquisition, retention strategies and employee development
- Partner with the Employee Relations team to handle complex employee relations issues including providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders regionally and globally, regionally and globally
- Partner closely with the CFO and Compensation teams to understand and provide guidance on headcount and compensation
You'll need to have:
- 15 or more years of relevant HR experience ideally in financial services or technology
- Experience managing large, high performing, diverse HR teams
- An ability to work in our Princeton, NJ office at least 3 days per week
- Substantial relationship management / HR business partner experience, ideally globally
- Experience leading HR teams and developing people through a strategic HR transformation/change
- Advanced knowledge of talent management, organizational development, talent acquisition, employee relations, and performance management
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and have a flexible approach
- Demonstrated experience having a strategic approach with the business, sound commercial acumen, ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating as an HR Business Partner and HR leader
- Experience supporting large scale transformation programs as a subject matter authority in organizational design and change management
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to convert data and research into commercial strategies and initiatives
- Proficiency in relevant labor laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organization
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.