Head of Data Quality Management - Company Financial Data
Posted Oct 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 110698
Bloomberg runs on data, and the Global Bloomberg Data team is responsible for supplying it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data that is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify creative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The company financials data group is responsible for the data management of all company disclosed and broker forecast data at Bloomberg through the disclosure life cycle for a company, from broker estimates, consensus building, analyst recommendations, to the company reporting its first financials through the IPO process all the way to the quarterly reporting process from earnings to preliminary results to audited full financial results. This is data at scale - covering over 85,000 companies global with extensive history, depth of granularity, and layers of transformation. It is a key building block in Bloomberg's overall offering with the company financials data being used by more than a third of Bloomberg's 320,000 users.
We are looking for a candidate to build a center of excellence around the quality, accuracy, lineage, provenance, depth of coverage, and timeliness of our company financial data. This role reports directly to the head of the Company Financials Data business and would include building out a dedicated team within this organization. We will ask you to leverage a multi-faceted approach and have confidence in laying out the strategic vision for improving all dimensions of data quality, understanding the technical stack and data transformations, a roadmap for effective business rules, and putting in place reporting frameworks. A key consideration will be making sure that the data is fit for purpose for our customer's workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and evolve a Quality Strategy, and plan for Implementation for Company Financials Data with our Data Governance Team
- Partner with Data, Engineering and our Data Governance team to ensure consistent principles are leveraged, tools are fit for purpose, and results will be measurable
- Manage efficient prioritization of Engineering and Data efforts within our Project Management framework
- Work with Data and Business to define targets and develop processes to measure impact on quality and success of efforts
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience within Data Quality
- A passion for data and a demonstrated drive to set and uphold best practices for data management
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of statistical methods and business rules management for governing data quality
- Ability to analyze data transformations up a complex technical stack
- Strong communication skills across various stakeholder groups - Engineering, Data Analysts, Product Managers, Senior management
- Comfort level discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Understanding of financial market concepts
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.