Head of Fixed Income Index Production
Posted Aug 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 105518
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the top tier provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As Head of Fixed Income Production, you will lead a global team responsible for the creation and delivery of industry-standards and tailored benchmarks across a variety of asset classes within the Fixed Income markets. Main responsibilities of the team include reviewing bond constituent changes, evaluating pricing, assessing analytical movement, and validating final index production. In addition, this Manager and their teams will play a crucial role in further developing Bloomberg’s Fixed Income Index offering by partnering with team members and clients while drawing upon deep subject matter expertise. You will need to demonstrate strong market knowledge and organizational management skills to successfully lead the team while concurrently mentoring production analysts and improving operational metrics. Additionally, the Head of Fixed Income Production will work closely with Core Product and Engineering on the strategic build out of new workflows and processes to improve the scalability of the products we provide. The Head of Fixed Income Production will be responsible for monitoring daily production and working with Risk to implement controls to mitigate future risk. As the Head of Fixed Income Production you will be tasked with setting the strategic direction of your teams to ensure we are improving our operations in the most effective manner.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be an escalation point for critical issues from internal and external clients
- Monitor daily production of Fixed Income indices across FI asset classes (ie. Securitized, Corp, Muni)
- Lead and oversee multiple teams globally
- Set direction and strategy within project management
- Be key partner in the strategic multi-year technological build out the product is going through
- Collaborate extensively with Core Product, Compliance, Risk, and Engineering
- Identify workflow efficiency opportunities
- Understand the Fixed Income Index methodologies
- Build proper training and workflow documentation
- Work with Risk on Incident Management Policy and Procedures
- Define objectives and provide direction, mentoring, and guidance for team member development
- Build out a cohesive team of domain guides across multiple regions and FI asset classes
You’ll need to have:
- Experience within the Index, Pricing, and/or Fixed Income spaces
- Management experience in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Ability to oversee the execution of multiple projects
- Strong written and communication skills and the ability to interact reliably with collaborators
- Proven experience in leading multiple teams within a structure
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.