Italian Localization Specialist
Posted Mar 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 74026
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
What’s the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg’s products for the Italian speaking markets. You will also apply problem-solving skills to identify creative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to improve our systems and processes - and all this while providing excellent customer support to our clients.
We will trust you to:
- Provide high-quality Italian language products such as analytical tools, marketing materials, company information and online help to our local clients
- Work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product for the local markets.
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information
You need to have:
- Native level fluency in Italian
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, Language Localization, Software Engineering
- Outstanding English to Italian language and translation skills, including familiarity with Italian culture and customs, and financial markets
- 3+ years previous work experience in Linguistics, Translation, Language Localization, Software Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Italian, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; you'll be able to make decisions independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools, MT/MT retraining, and terminology management
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.