Japanese Localization Specialist
Posted Jun 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 74654
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
What’s the role?
You will be joining our Localization team that supports Bloomberg’s products for the Japanese speaking market. You will also apply technical and problem-solving skills to develop creative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to improve our systems and processes - and all this while providing excellent customer support to our clients.
We will trust you to:
- Provide high-quality Japanese language products such as analytical tools, marketing materials, company information and online help to our local clients
- Work closely with other Localization Specialists, Sales and Product teams, Data Analysts, and Software Developers to adapt our product and tools for the local markets
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information
You need to have:
- Native level fluency in Japanese, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including familiarity with Japanese culture and customs, and financial markets
- Strong translation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Linguistics, Translation, and Language Localization, and excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams
- Motivated and dedicated work ethic; you'll work as part of a team and independently, work with minimal supervision and to deliver quality results under tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to lead projects, balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Strong knowledge of Localization processes and familiarity with CAT tools, MT/MT retraining, and terminology management
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
We’d love to see:
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing tools, technologies and work flows, and to actively contribute to improve processes for localization
- Ability to collaborate with management in the development of product documentation and guidelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.