Legal Analyst, Dockets
Posted Apr 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 64030
Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our analysts to continue to make our product great. We in BLAW believe that we have found a unique opportunity to allow legal professionals to explore a non-traditional path while using their legal skills in the workplace. In order to create a world class offering -- we need people like you! BLAW is a dynamic group that produces and maintains various legal data collections and products that form the backbone of bloomberglaw.com and legal content on the Bloomberg Terminal.
The Dockets team researches sources for dockets data collection, creates implementation specifications for targeted courts, and liaises with court personnel. In this position you will gain an understanding of the applications and processes related to assigned data sets across a variety of product areas for the BLAW team, and the ability to assist in creating and implementing quality management procedures.We need creative and technically proficient individuals who are able to solve problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail so that they will thrive on our team.Ideal candidates will have a mixture of technical data analysis skills as well as some exposure to the legal space.
What's in it for you:
- You will contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform.
- You also will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of Bloomberg's Federal and State Dockets product. Primary duties will include the monitoring and troubleshooting of current means of collection in order to ensure timeliness and comprehensiveness of the dockets product.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with data analysis and ability to showcase advanced Excel skills
- Juris Doctor degree or prior legal experience
- Familiarity and understanding of court dockets
We would like to see:
- Prior experience working with electronic court records and document filing systems
- Effective communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
You'll need to be able to:
- Work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future