Legal Data Analyst - Case Analysis (INDG)
Posted Sep 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 118814
Thinking about an alternative legal career?
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. Bloomberg is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities.
The Legal Data Analysis team offers you an opportunity to advance and develop your legal career through a distinctive, non-traditional path. This role allows you to leverage your legal experience, critical thinking skills and strategic approach to build excellent products for Bloomberg Industry Group.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will align closely with both our Product and Engineering teams to help drive product development and ensure data accuracy in Bloomberg Industry Group initiatives. We apply our robust legal domain knowledge, project management skills and sharp attention to detail to annotate, analyze and evaluate complex datasets including court opinions, court filings, agency decisions and contractual provisions. The team's work is essential in supporting feature developments that use artificial intelligence and machine learning including Docket Key, Points of Law, Brief Analyzer and Draft Analyzer. This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in shifting between projects in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you:
- You’ll form relationships through Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment where you will work with Engineering, among others, to ensure accurate understanding of customer’s workflow and validate product builds.
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities. Both within the legal and alternative domains.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the Bloomberg Industry Group platforms by supporting the development of new technology-driven solutions for legal, tax and government professionals.
- Participate in data tagging and evaluation of model outputs as well as user acceptance testing.
- Manage vendors and conduct quality assurance.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Have passed a state Bar examination and been admitted
- 2+ years of relevant practice and work experience
- Familiarity with online legal research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with particular focus on sophisticated and complex concepts
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience with the Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax or Bloomberg Government products is a plus
- Curiosity about technology and development of technical skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 105,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus