Legal Data Analyst - Citator Data Enrichment
Posted Feb 1, 2024 - Requisition No. 122970
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. Bloomberg is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. Our group within the Data department provides a variety of opportunities for professionals in the legal field to embark on a groundbreaking career combining their legal knowledge with world-class technology.
As a member of the Citator Data Enrichment team, you will have the opportunity to function as a subject matter authority in all areas of the law for our BCITE product, providing the legal insights our customers require. You will work with our business partners to ensure our caselaw data meets the high quality standards our clients expect, providing timely and accurate analytics. You will also have the unique opportunity to partner with engineering and machine learning experts to explore new technologies with an eye towards innovation and evolution of the product.
Our group offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career for current lawyers which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technical know-how, eye for business, and data analysis. We are looking for innovative and energetic individuals who proactively tackle problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze caselaw, agency, and transactional documents becoming a legal subject-matter guide with the ability to drive technical solutions internally
- Manage vendor teams to ensure quality performance and adherence to SLAs
- Collaborate with fellow legal data analysts, Engineering, and Bloomberg Industry Group staff to devise creative solutions to technical challenges
- Find opportunities for increased efficiency in our existing workflows and processes to make a business impact
- Collaborate closely with partners to bring together requirements, scope, and develop project plans
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for analyzing court opinions and transactional documents on BLAW and developing our Citator product
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
You'll need to have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Passed a state bar examination and either have been admitted, or be pending admission
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus
- Strong analytical, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We'd love to see:
- Professional work experience in the legal field. Ideal candidates will have 1 to 3 years of professional work experience with a demonstrated aptitude for legal research and analysis and creative problem-solving. Judicial clerkships are a plus
- A keen interest in building your technology knowledge and skills, including having a desire to learn data analysis tools, such as Excel and/or Python
- Experience with process reengineering, or with improving/enhancing an existing process
- Intellectual curiosity with a willingness to challenge oneself and peers to drive innovation of thought
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus