Legal Data Analyst - Citator
Posted Apr 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 102616
The Global Data Industry Group is dependent upon our legal research analysts to continue building excellent products using an outstanding combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. The GD Industry Group provides a variety of opportunities for professionals in the legal field to embark on a groundbreaking career combining their legal knowledge world-class technology and motivated colleagues.
As a member of the Citator team, you will have the opportunity to function as a subject matter authority in all areas of the law, providing the legal insights our customers require. You will work with our business partners to ensure our data meets the high quality standards our clients expect, providing timely and accurate analytics. You will also have the unique opportunity to partner with engineering and machine learning experts in order to explore new technologies with an eye towards innovation and evolution of the product.
The Global Data Industry Group offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technical know-how, eye for business, and data analysis. We are looking for creative and energetic individuals who are able to tackle problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail.
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for analyzing court opinions on BLAW
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
You will need to have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Passed a state bar examination and either have been admitted, or be pending admission
- A keen interest in building your technology knowledge and skills. Ideal candidates will have basic understanding or a desire to learn data analysis tools, including Excel, Python, and/or SQL
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
We'd love to see:
- Professional work experience in the legal field. Ideal candidates will have 1 to 3 years of professional work experience with a demonstrated aptitude for legal research and analysis and creative problem-solving.
- Experience with process reengineering, or with improving/enhancing an existing process.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity with a willingness to challenge oneself and peers to drive innovation of thought.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.