Legal Data Analyst
Posted Mar 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 62794
Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our analysts to continue improving our product and ensuring the quality and accuracy of our data. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic and innovative candidates who possess a unique combination of analytical proficiency, technical skills, domain knowledge, and resourcefulness to join our Legal Data Analyst group.
In this role you will work with our business and engineering teams to procure and transform acquired legal content into the formats required for our client-facing product. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring quality control of the content and helping to discover new and better ways of improving the efficiency of our operations.
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to the development of the Bloomberg Law legal research platform.
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for collecting, transforming and maintaining legal content on BLAW.
- We provide on-the-job training and development; specifically helping to hone and grow your technical skills.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in data analysis and/or project management.
- Strong analytical, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Excel, VBA or Python for data analysis.
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XML, SGML, JSON and/or HTML) and XPath.
We would like to see:
- A degree or significant coursework in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent technical work experience.
- Some exposure to or prior experience in the legal data or legal professional space.