Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our legal research analysts to continue building excellent products using a unique combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. BLAW provides a variety of opportunities to allow legal professionals to embark on a cutting-edge career combining their legal knowledge with world class technology and motivated colleagues.
As a member of the Citator-Caselaw team you will collect and analyze court opinions to provide our clients with the most up to date view of the law. You will work with our business partners to ensure the data produced is of high quality and timely. You will explore new data management strategies and technologies to keep moving the product forward.
Bloomberg Law offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. We are looking for creative and energetic individuals who are able to solve problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail.
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for processing, maintaining and analyzing court opinions on BLAW
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for the legal profession
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
You will need to have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Passed a state Bar examination and either have been admitted, or be pending admission
- Professional work experience in the legal field. Ideal candidates will have 1 to 3 years of professional work experience with a demonstrated aptitude for legal research and analysis and creative problem-solving
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
We'd love to see:
- Journal, clerkship and project management experience
- Exposure to mark-up languages such as XML and HTML
- A keen interest in the intersection of technology and the law
- Experience with process reengineering, or with improving/enhancing an existing process.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity with a willingness to challenge oneself and peers to drive innovation of thought.
If this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.