Litigation Content Data Analyst, Bloomberg Law
Posted May 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 74992
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Bloomberg Law (BLAW) division of Global Data supports best-in-class tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly.
As a Data Analyst on the Litigation Content team, you will improve our product and ensure the quality and accuracy of our data. You are innovative and possess a unique combination of business insight, analytical proficiency, technical skills, and resourcefulness.
In this role, you will work closely with our business and engineering teams to gain an understanding of the applications and processes related to Litigation Content data sets across a variety of product areas in the BLAW product. You will also assist in creating and implementing quality reporting and analytical procedures to help drive business decisions.
What's in it for you?
- You will contribute to developing and maintaining the data which drives the BLAW platform.
- You will be responsible for bringing visibility to the processes and workflows used by your team.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent work experience. Preferably you will have a minor or some coursework in a relevant field, such as Management Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent technical work experience.
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience in data analysis or business intelligence.
- Advanced applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel, Python, R, and SQL.
- Strong analytical, organizational and verbal communication skills.
We would like to see:
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XML, SGML, JSON and/or HTML) and XPath.
- A mixture of technical data analysis skills, as well as some exposure to the legal space.
You'll need to be able to:
- Work legally in the United States without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.