Litigation Content Data Specialist
Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 112671
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. INDG is committed to changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities.
INDG is dependent upon our analysts to continue building excellent products using an outstanding combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise, and an entrepreneurial spirit. INDG provides a variety of opportunities for professionals in the legal field to embark on a groundbreaking career combining their legal knowledge world-class technology and motivated colleagues.
The Litigation Content team is looking for an individual to support our caselaw and dockets collections, as well as other traditional litigation content across the Bloomberg INDG platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring our data is complete, fit-for-purpose, and exceeds the high quality standards our clients expect. Ideal candidates will have exposure to the legal space and demonstrated technical proficiency.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply your subject matter knowledge to maintain the timeliness and comprehensiveness of our content sets
- Work with a team to optimize processes and improve the quality of our data products
- Showcase attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other Data teams
You will need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in legal studies, political science, or a related field
- Prior legal experience, including familiarity with and understanding of court dockets
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Project management experience
- Ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Interest in developing your technical skills
We would love to see:
- Prior experience working with electronic court records and document filing systems
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.