Litigation Content Data Specialist
Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 112671
The Data Industry Group is dependent upon our analysts to continue building excellent products using an outstanding combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. The GD Industry Group provides a variety of opportunities for professionals in the legal field to embark on a groundbreaking career combining their legal knowledge world-class technology and motivated colleagues.
The Litigation Content team manages our caselaw and dockets collections, as well as other traditional litigation content across the Bloomberg INDG platforms. In this position you will gain an understanding of the applications and processes related to assigned data sets across a variety of product areas for the team, and the ability to assist in creating and implementing quality management procedures. We need creative and technically proficient individuals who are able to solve problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail so that they will thrive on our team. Ideal candidates will have a mixture of technical data analysis skills and exposure to the legal space.
What's in it for you:
- You will contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- You also will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of Bloomberg's Litigation Content products. Primary duties will include the monitoring and troubleshooting of current means of collection in order to ensure timeliness and comprehensiveness of the content sets
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
We’ll trust you to:
- Showcase attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other Data teams to understand organizational and product needs
- Identify practical solutions to standardize and adopt data quality best practices and develop processes to scale impact
- Perform data analysis to drive decision making
- Continue learning about industry trends, standards, and innovation within the Data Quality domain
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with data analysis and ability to showcase advanced Excel skills
- Prior legal experience - familiarity and understanding of court dockets and opinions is a plus
- Experience with process reengineering, or with improving/enhancing an existing process
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with a willingness to challenge oneself and peers to drive innovation of thought
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience working with electronic court records and document filing systems
- Effective communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.