Litigation Content Data Quality Analyst
Posted Mar 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 111013
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. Bloomberg is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities.
Our Data group is dependent upon our analysts to continue building excellent products using an outstanding combination of business insight, domain knowledge, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We provide a variety of opportunities for professionals in the legal field to embark on a groundbreaking career combining their legal knowledge with world-class technology and motivated colleagues.
The Litigation Content team manages our caselaw and dockets collections, as well as other traditional litigation content across the Bloomberg INDG platforms. The team is seeking a passionate individual to lead the charge in ensuring our data is fit-for-purpose and exceeds the high-quality standards our clients expect. This individual will be tasked with creating and implementing a quality assurance strategy for the team’s data sets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, develop, and implement a quality assurance strategy for achieving best in class data quality using both your data analysis expertise and understanding of litigation data
- Identify practical solutions to standardize and adopt data quality best practices and develop processes to scale impact
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other Data teams to understand organizational and product needs
- Continue learning about industry trends, standards, and innovation within the data quality domain
You will need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in political science, legal studies, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong data analysis skills, including proficiency in python, experience working with databases, and dashboarding expertise
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Project Management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
- Ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We would love to see:
- Prior legal experience, including familiarity with and understanding of court dockets
- Experience in Data Management and/or Data Quality
- Knowledge of best practices in data quality
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.