Manager - Americas Residential Securitized Products Data & Modeling
Posted Oct 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 120908
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Global Securitized Products Data Team is responsible for researching and supporting a $12 trillion global securitized product market. Americas Residential Securitized Products consists of teams covering US Agency Securitized Products (Fannie/Ginnie/Freddie CMOs, single family Municipal structures, and Agency Credit Risk Transfers), Americas Non-Agency Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), and Securitized Products Assets (mortgage assets, commercial assets, auto assets, etc). They also include a Client Engagement team that supports those various asset sectors and focuses on our clients primary needs as well as our needs of our clients in support of the product. This work is inclusive of new issuance and bond data, cashflow modeling, periodic cashflow and collateral reconciliation, customer support, client engagement, and product expansion in a partnership with Product and Engineering. This aggregated, cleansed, dynamic and normalized data fuels one of Bloomberg’s most established Fixed Income products and downstream internal departments.
What’s the role?
The Global Securitized Products team is looking for a market savvy Manager to drive the development of the Agency, Non-Agency RMBS, and Assets Securitized Products data set within the Americas. As the manager, you will primarily do so by effectively managing, motivating, and building hard-working teams that are comprised of a variety of roles from data analysts to data management professionals to cashflow modelers. You will lead by example in understanding the data product, the market, and how our clients use the information to make investment and marketing decisions. You will also advise on-shore and off-shore vendor operations to ensure that service level agreements (SLAs) for timeliness, quality, and coverage of the data product are regularly met. You will use business intelligence to aid in supervising and controlling these operations, as well as find opportunities to improve them by applying technology, process re-engineering or using alternative resource models, for example. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with partners in other business units such as Product and Engineering on product development in pursuit of providing the best suite of offerings in the marketplace.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead regional teams consisting of multiple securitized product sectors with multiple team leaders directly reporting to you
- Recruit, develop, and retain talent to create hard-working teams
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners such as Product, News and Engineering to drive the adoption and integration of technology to improve the workflow of the group and deliver scalable data solutions
- Evaluate and supervise the success of the team in achieving its goals and metrics alongside implementing and evolving plans for coverage and expansion for the product
- Represent your product by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products to have meaningful client interactions to build trust, understand their needs and deepen relationships
- Ensure teams are focused on best practices in data management and data modeling to promote interoperability among all of Bloomberg's datasets
- Drive workforce planning initiatives to create sustainable systems and ensure the correct resources and skills are in place to align with business needs
- Stay up to date on industry trends and latest developments in the financial market
- Drive the adoption and integration of technology to improve the various teams’ workflows via the Engineering tech stacks to ensure expanded data coverage, quality improvements and efficiencies in delivering data faster to market
- Work with global counterparts to build and implement a comprehensive data strategy for Residential Securitized Products and lead initiatives to complete with internal and external partners
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or STEM field
- 8+ years of prior experience in management; optimally leading diverse teams and promoting an inclusive environment
- A deep understanding of financial markets, specifically securitized products
- Intimate understanding of how industry players use data to drive business decisions
- Experience creating or leading development of data pipelines, improvements to data workflows, and comprehensive data models
- Strong communication skills used to continuously build strong client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and manage complex partner relationships
- Proven grasp of data management technology applications and data set tools
- A proven track record of improving and developing products
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as project management skills
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree (preferably in Finance, Economics or STEM field) and/or a professional qualification such as CFA
- Technical competence in at least one programming language/environment, e.g., Python, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with Data Science and/or Machine Learning
- Established contacts on Trustee, Issuance and Trading desks
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 165,000 - 220,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus