Market Data Contracts Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Apr 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 74492
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The core of our business is data. Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) supplies and analyses how our clients consume data. Within CABM, our Third Party Contracts team is specifically responsible for negotiating and securing agreements for the data which feeds all of Bloomberg’s products. We work closely with world-wide data providers (including stock exchanges, interdealer brokers, news agencies and various other contributors), product managers, implementation teams and in-house legal to create, administer, maintain and understand all legal documentation. Most importantly, we help to secure and safeguard the best commercial and legal outcomes for the company.
We are looking for a Market Data contracts and licensing expert to join our team of dynamic professionals. Here’s an idea of what else we’re looking for:
You are excited by the idea of bringing people and products together in order to expand the depth and breadth of Bloomberg’s data offerings. You have a strong desire to learn everything there is to know about all Bloomberg's products and services - existing and emerging. You are comfortable speaking and working with individuals from other countries and levels of experience. You have the ability to simplify and explain complex ideas, as well as the patience to listen to and understand concerns. These skills enable you to successfully build consensus and problem solve. You build trust and rapport quickly and maintain productive relationships which you rely on to help you get things done. You enjoy taking the initiative, figuring things out, and working independently in order to close a deal.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Understand the data needs of our business and draft agreements reflective of these.
- Represent Bloomberg to outside data providers in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Oversee the complete life cycle of agreements and help to maintain the contract database.
- Ensure all agreements are appropriately stored and that database integrity is not compromised.
- Assist your colleagues with data agreement projects and initiatives as they arise.
- Partner with Product Managers, Legal and other stakeholders to build consensus.
- Think creatively to problem solve new issues or when things don’t go our way.
- Act as a knowledge resource for our Sales, Enterprise and Global Data teams.
- Adapt quickly to change, and grow your knowledge of financial markets as our business expands.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers with contract-related inquiries.
Successful applicants will need to have:
- 5 or more years of experience working with market data, and deep knowledge of the industry and players.
- Demonstrated experience drafting, executing, and negotiating contracts.
- Extensive knowledge of market data licensing.
- Ability to work with cross functional stakeholders on multiple projects, concurrently.
- Keen eye for the details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to read, execute, and negotiate contracts daily.
- Consistent, and reliable approach to customer service.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive in our dynamic environment.
- Sound judgement when making decisions and prioritizing pending deliverables.
- Understanding of how content is acquired, distributed, and consumed.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.