Municipal Data Analyst
Posted Jun 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 104956
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information! We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Bloomberg Municipal Credit Team is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. Analysts in the group have the opportunity to build relationships with the world's largest underwriters, financial advisors and various buy-side and sell-side participants. We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and innovative person who possesses a unique combination of business insight, technical skills, domain knowledge, and an ambitious spirit to join our Municipal team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research new data sets to expand the coverage of our products
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as data-driven news stories
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Apply a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM field
- At least two years of relevant work experience in financial markets
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Proven understanding of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies in Global Data’s technology stack
- Applied proficiency with software engineering standard methodologies
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business collaborators and management
- Solid attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Project management skills and/or experience, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.