Municipal Data Analyst
Posted Apr 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 74487
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Bloomberg Municipal Credit Team is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. Analysts in the group have the opportunity to build relationships with the world's largest underwriters, financial advisors and various buy-side and sell-side participants. We’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and innovative person who possesses a unique combination of business insight, technical skills, domain knowledge, and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Municipal team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research new data sets to expand the coverage of our products
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as data-driven news stories
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM field
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Strong understanding of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies in Global Data’s technology stack
- Applied proficiency with software engineering best practices
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Project management skills and/or experience, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.